What's Up, Doc? (1972)

I started into this one thinking it was another Woody Allen film on the AFI 100 Laughs list. When it opens with Barbra Streisand instead I just about turned it off. My thought being that I needed to prepare myself for dealing with her.

So I was very wrong about this one. Streisand was actually pretty enjoyable in this film. She was more attractive than I expected also [she is only 30 in this movie]. I am more familiar with her in sappy love stories, and with her now in her late 60s it was interesting to see her in a younger role.

This is a silly caper about bags getting mixed up in a hotel. The FBI after top secret documents, criminals after jewels, the professor with his special rocks, and Streisand with her travel bag. Ryan O'Neal does a great job as the handsome bumbling professor, and Madeline Kahn does a great job being the annoying fiance.

Definitely worthy of the AFI 100 Laughs list. I'm not going to suggest this one unless you are wanting to watch some 30+ year old comedies because it wasn't THAT good. Overall I'm glad I watched it.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069495/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật