Sleeper (1973)

I have a newfound respect for some of Woody Allen's films now.
Take the Money and Run, Bananas , and now Sleeper were all pretty decent. This is all pre-Annie Hall and Manhattan... which is when he really started to annoy me. But I have to give him some credit for making me chuckle a few times.

This film is about an average man who was cryogenically frozen when going in for a routine surgery. He is awoken in the distant future by rebels and is instantly wanted by the state. Diane Keaton plays a lady happy with her life in the future with a lack of responsibility and where daily life is incredibly simple.

The comedy is slapstick, he reminds me a lot of a Buster Keaton or Charlie Chaplin when he plays a robot, unable to talk so he silently makes up the humor. The plot is over the top, and the last 10 minutes really really drag out. Overall it has some pretty funny parts though. I wish some of the jokes weren't so dated. They make fun of people in the 70's that I have never heard of so the jokes go right over my head.

Other than that it wasn't bad, again this could be watched by a large audience, and is Allen's best inclusion on the AFI 100 Laughs.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070707/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật