Bananas (1971)

Finishing the AFI 100 Laughs means watching a lot of Woody Allen. Probably because Hollywood thinks he is funny, and they are the ones who voted on this list. You should know by now I don't like Allen... at all. Ok well maybe at select times. Problem is I've only seen his dark comedies where he is really whiny.

This one was different. A slapstick comedy that reminds me a bit of some of the silent comedians. Allen is dumped by his activist girlfriend that talked him into going to political rallies fighting for a small country's independence. He decides to move to the country to write a column and finds himself on the run from the government joining the rebels.

For a Woody Allen film it was pretty good. Just average overall, but I liked it more than I thought I would. The time spent in NYC is boring, but the time he spent with the rebels was pretty good. Ordering take-out for the entire rebel force was a pretty funny scene. Can't say I would really suggest this one, but I can see how others might really like it.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066808/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật