Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

This is the first Abbott & Costello film I've seen. I confuse them easily with Laurel & Hardy... a far superior duo. I hate to bash on them, but Bud Abbott seems dumb, and Lou Costello is incredibly annoying. His piercing voice makes it hard to watch.

This is probably considered to be their best film. Bela Lugosi plays a fantastic Dracula and Lon Chaney Jr. was enjoyable as The Wolf Man. The plot moved along pretty well considering its simplicity. And at just over an hour it was pretty easy to get through.

I just can't say I'm a big fan. They needed to have an inclusion on the AFI 100 Laughs, and this seemed to be the best fit. But then again if we are going to pick a movie that doesn't necessarily deserve to be in the top 100 just to get actors on the list then where are the Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey films? I'll diverge...

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040068/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật