The Godson: Le samouraï (1967)

Yay! I found a French New Wave film that I sincerely liked. Directed by Jean-Pierre Melville and starring Alain Delon. This film about an assassin was completely gripping. I watched it start to finish in one sitting, which is actually saying a lot if you know how I get through a lot of my movies.

The plot is quite simple, yet very complex. Delon's character prepares for an assassination with methods that remind me of the game Grand Theft Auto. He steals a car, pulls into a random garage, a guy switches his plates, hands him a new gun, then he pulls out and drives off. A perfectionist that lives a secluded life of complete paranoia.

I would definitely recommend this film.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062229/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật