Dawn of the Dead (1978)

So I watched this movie out of "season" to finish a movie list. A random Top 100 I found that has been setting at 99/100 watched for some time. With horror month only 2 months away I went ahead and watched this one also because I came across it in HD.

I have to say the first 10 minutes ruined this movie for me. It starts at a news station where everyone is frantically trying to decide the next actions to take because of the zombie outbreak. The acting is so horrible and the makeup and costumes are so cheap that I didn't know if I could really make it through the movie. The leading characters make their escape in a helicopter and head for a mall to hide out for a while.

The acting never improves and the plot is slow and not exciting at all for a horror film. George A. Romero has a lengthy career working with little subject matter and remaking the same thing over and over again. Night of the Living Dead still stands at the only really good film that he has made.

I don't understand why this is considered a good horror movie. Way over rated with a cast of people off the street used over and over again. Look for the nun, she is in her early 20's and gets killed at least 4 times. She is amazing at getting just about every zombie scene at the mall. Just a small example of the poor editing. Bad movie.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077402/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật