Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

I'm just going to come out and say it... Wes Anderson fans are pretentious. The kind of people that say "You are stupid if you don't like his films" or "Mainstream audiences aren't smart enough to get it." Well you are going to have to lump me in with the vast majority of people who just don't find his films all that funny.

With voices by George Clooney, Meryl Streep, and Anderson regulars Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, and Owen Wilson, this is a familiar cast, tried, and for him true.

A story originally written by Roald Dahl is of a Fox, retired from poaching who gets back in the business out of boredom. When he enrages the farmers, they retaliate and the battle begins. Don't get me completely wrong, just because I get tired of Anderson fans doesn't mean this film didn't have some positive aspects. There are some funny scenes, Clooney does very well in comedy and his voice reminded me of his character from O Brother, Where Art Thou? which was a great film. Owen Wilson's scene is pretty funny as the school gym teacher explaining the local sports, and Schwartzman has some funny lines with his dry unique sense of humor.

Overall I just wasn't a big fan, and would not watch it again, so to each their own. That doesn't mean I want to hear Anderson fans telling me I don't get it... I do... it just wasn't that good.

Vote: 6/10


IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432283/
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. I'd say you were stupid if you didn't like Royal Tenenbaums. That movie is brilliant. Other than that, while I personally like his films, I can see why people don't. I even found this one a little slow, although I do appreciate the little unique devices that Anderson uses (cutaway settings, ridiculous characters [Willem Dafoe as the rat was great], understated descriptions). I did find Darjeeling to be a bit pedantic with its well-worn Anderson aesthetic.

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive