Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955)

Starring Jennifer Jones (born in Tulsa, OK... just like me) and William Holden (The Wild Bunch). This is one of those Oscar nominated films I dread to watch. It won Oscars for Costume Design and Music and was nominated for Acting and Picture.

So why did I watch it? Well it is on the AFI 100 Passions and came on TMC last Valentines Day. I have not been looking forward to watching it, but since we will be changing DVR's in a month I was forced to watch it or delete it...

This is a very cheesy romance that takes place in Hong Kong. A married American man falls in love with a widowed Chinese doctor. His wife won't give him a divorce and she is torn between returning to China to become a doctor for her people or stay in Hong Kong with someone she can't marry.

What do you expect a guy to get a cheesy romance? 5 out of 10 is very generous, it just wasn't for me.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048316/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive