The Lady Eve (1941)

The thing about the older films I have been watching is that they were excellent when they came out. most I find good or at least average. So when I come across one I just don't like at all it makes me wonder how it has lasted so long. This film was just not good, Barbara Stanwyck annoyed me and Henry Fonda as a push over wasn't much fun to watch.

The film is about a a rich kid who just spent a year in the Amazon studying snakes. He is a scientist fresh out of college and plays the dumb rich kid who gets swindled by some card sharks on the ship back to America.

The plot is bad, the acting is bad, and the jokes aren't funny. Maybe they were funny 70 years ago but they aren't now. I think a few scenes were pretty racy for their time... but they aren't anymore so I don't see the appeal.

Fonda is just better at dramas.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033804/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive