Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)

The most difficult movie that I have watched in a very long time. It is sickening how hard this girl's life has been. Mo'Nique will probably win some awards for her acting, one of the best villain characters ever, hands down. Gabourey 'Gabby' Sidibe was excellent, I just don't know if I see a lot of roles coming up for her in the future. I hope she at least gets a nomination for her performance here. Mariah Carey and Lenny Kravitz were both good as a social worker and male nurse. Paula Patton plays the school teacher, she is someone I have seen in Hitch, Deja Vu, Swing Vote, and Mirrors but this is the film I will remember her for.

Sidibe plays a teenager who can't read, is abused at home, and is pregnant with her 2nd child. Not a family film, the 7/10 is just because I can't see wanting to see this ever again. 8 for quality, 7 for watch ability.


Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929632/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive