The Messenger (2009)

Ben Foster, better known to me as a villain in films like Alpha Dog and a fantastic job with the film 3:10 to Yuma, plays the leading role here. He is a man just returned from the war in Iraq with slight injuries including a bad eye that is still undergoing medical consultation.

Home from the war but still in the Army he is assigned to assist Woody Harrelson in delivering news to families of fallen soldiers. The film has some uncomfortable moments when the news is broken, but that is to be expected going into this film. The relationship with Samantha Morton's character didn't make a lot of sense to me. It made the movie less compelling than the look at what it took to do this job. Harrelson was nominated for an Oscar for his role but lost to Christoph Waltz for Inglourious Basterds.

I really had trouble enjoying this film. I liked the idea, and I liked the dialog between Harrelson and Foster. It just turned into an awkward romance instead of a war drama. Not one I would suggest.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790712/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật