The Rules of the Game: La règle du jeu (1939)


Films like this remind me that I am not a student of film. I never studied it and I could care less about how fluid the film was or the social commentary, or whatever metric that doesn't add up to an enjoyable and interesting storyline. The fact is, this movie was dull. The elements of slapstick comedy do not find in well with the seriousness and romance. We have multiple tangled affairs and no real main character.

I don't like hopping around following different people if there is no central theme and storyline. I'll take Jean Renoir's Grand Illusion over this one any day.

I really don't have much more to say, this was a struggle to finish and motivate myself to get through. Good luck if you are watching it to complete a list.

Vote: 2/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031885/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật