Happy Together: Chun gwong cha sit (1997)

This film makes Brokeback Mountain look like a G rated film. It opens with a sex scene that made me walk out of the room. I waited for it to end to come back in, then had to decide if I should even bother watching the rest of the film. The Asian couple are then looking for a waterfall and get lost, they break up and go through this strange relationship throughout the film. Sleeping around to get back at each other, laying around their slum apartment most of the day.

I really failed to understand the point of this movie. There are even scenes were we just watch a waterfall in silence for several minutes. Some scenes are in black-and-white, other in color, usually when the leading actor is in a good mood. I think film students have put this film on a pedestal for its usage of color. I can't seem to find merit anywhere else.

Part of the filmspotting forum's top 100 films of all time, I'm starting to wonder if that list has any merit. You have been warned.

Vote: 2/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118845/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật