Knightriders (1981)

Let me start by saying that I can see how some people would like this film and how a 30 or 40 something would put it on their top action movie list. Second this is not what I expected at all from George A. Romero or the movie poster. I thought this was going to be like Army of Darkness with a motorcycle gang somehow time traveling back to the middle ages, actually that would have been a lot cooler.

The film stars Ed Harris back when he was young (31). He plays Billy the King of a traveling carnival of jousters. A medieval play where knights joust on motorcycles going from town to town with injuries more realistic than the crowd believes. Keep an eye out for a cameo by Stephen King as a country hick who thinks everything is staged. Billy is followed around by Merlin (Brother Blue) who is African American witch doctor of the group.

We join the band of misfits at a pivotal time. The show is gaining popularity and a faction wants to see the show grow into something performed in arenas in major markets, but Billy wants to stay on the outskirts of society and feels that there is more to the lifestyle than the money.

The film clocks in at almost two and a half hours. There are several subplots and storylines that are kind of interesting, but the Easy Rider ideals are too 1960's for me. I just found myself bored with most of it and hoped there was more to the whole thing than there was. Not for me, and not going in my top 101 action list.

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082622/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật