Our Man Flint (1966)

James Coburn stars in this 1960's James Bond spoof film that later became a series with In Like Flint and a TV movie a decade later. Coburn passes away back in 2002 a year after doing voice work on Monsters, Inc. He won an Oscar in 1997 for Affliction, and although I can't put my finger on where and how I know him, he looks very familiar as a grandfather character, and not as a younger man in this film.

I actually had no idea this was supposed to be a spoof going into it. After a scene or two I was thinking "this has to be a joke right?" Then felt dumb when it was so clear I was sure. Flint is picked by a series of computer as the only man that can possibly save the world. He has 4 girlfriends, his own secret codes, and a Swiss army knife that puts Q's inventions to shame.

As with most spoofs the novelty wears off, it is funny for about an hour and after that I was kinda done with it. I do kind of want to see the sequel and was pleasantly surprised with it overall. However, if spoof comedies are fair game for the Action 101 book then a lot of films were missed.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059557/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật