Horror of Dracula (1958)

I was very happy with the last Terence Fisher film The Curse of Frankenstein and had high expectation for this one. I rated it the same but did like Frankenstein better.

Another rewrite of the original story. Different enough to not get copyright permission, and even released in Britain (where it was made) as just "Dracula." For the US release it was changed to "Horror of" to avoid confusion with the original.

The biggest plot hole of the original Dracula is his motivation for moving to London in the first place. Re-writing the story they did an excellent job filling this void and changing the story enough that I didn't feel like I was watching a movie that I had already seen over again. The fake blood and gore is mild for what we are used to now in the genre, but at the time this was a pretty gory film. Again, worth checking out.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051554/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật