The Devil's Backbone: El espinazo del diablo (2001)

I haven't been able to put my finger on director Guillermo del Toro. I liked Hellboy but I did not like Pan's Labyrinth. This film apparently was one he spent years working on in the background. Costing $4.5 million and only grossing >$1 million to date I would call it a failure.

The film it seldom discussed and fans of Pan's Labyrinth that have gone back to see this one have been generally disappointed. It seems to be on the 101 Horror Movie list to fill a void of recent successes. It is a very tame horror film, almost breaching over into war or just drama.

It is a ghost story from the time of the Spanish War in the 1930's, foreign [subtitled] and not really worth your time. I gave it a 7/10 because the acting was good and I liked that the story didn't follow a cookie cutter storyline. What happens in the film through the climax and to the credits was nothing like what I expected, in a good way in some senses but the movie overall was kinda dull.

I wouldn't suggest it, but after a month full of average horror films it was better than most.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0256009/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật