The Young Victoria (2009)

Sandy Powell is a bitch. The costume designer who has 3 wins and 8 total Oscar nominations in the category made me not want to like this film. Her smug acceptance speech at this years Oscars pissed me off. In the end I had to watch this winner, and I got exactly what I expected: crap.

The film stars Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend in a coming of age love story about Queen Victoria in her teenage life. The film was more than a little confusing because if you don't memorize who is who from the start it is hard to understand what angles everyone is trying to take to get the crown. Sure it was probably accurate and the costumes looked good also. The storyline was boring, something geared for a teenage girl (much like this years An Education). It just didn't interest me, regardless of Ms. Powell's attitude.

Avoid it.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962736/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật