Marathon Man (1976)

A pretty fitting movie for me right now. Personally I'm gearing up to run a marathon at the end of the year, so watching a film about a marathon runner [and college student] starring Dustin Hoffman sounded pretty good.

Watched as part of the AFI 100 Thrills list, I'm finding that this has been my favorite list to work my way though. All of the lists have quality films in the top 25, but once you get into the bottom 1/2 they rarely are worth watching. So far the list has come up with a lot of winners.

This story is about ex-Nazi's and American spy's. Hoffman is stuck in the middle of his brothers undercover plan gone awry. With a painful and memorable scene involving a torturing dentist repeating over and over "Is it safe?" This film gave me several reasons why I will always remember it. Which to me, is enough to consider worth watching.

The only thing I really disliked about the movie is the soundtrack. There are several scenes where the background music is just a painfully loud ringing. I had to turn the volume way down several times because of it, and had I seen this in the theater back in 1976 I'm sure I would have left with a headache.

Check this one out.

Vote: 8/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074860/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật