Inglourious Basterds (2009)

It is very clear to me that Quentin Tarantino works on a completely different level than most directors of our time [e.g. Michael Bay]. 50 years from now some of his films will still be revered by critics. He has a very unique editing style where he mixes animated title freezes with interesting audio and a number of film school techniques that would show how little I really know about film if I tried to convey them here.

This is a films about a fictional group of American soldiers called "The Basterds." Brad Pitt once again proves he is pretty good at comedy following up a good performance in Burn After Reading. Everybody seems to want to work with Tarantino because B.J. Novak (Ryan from "The Office") and Zachary Quinto (Sylar from "Heroes" and Spock from Star Trek) along with a wide cast of familiar faces are in this film.

One of the most notable performances came from Christoph Waltz (as Col. Hans Landa or "The Jew Hunter") for which I expect an Oscar Nomination and of course Diane Kruger as Bridget von Hammersmark which are just a few of the memorable performances.

This was not my favorite film however, it was very long and very gory, the long part being Tarantino's style like Kill Bill and Grindhouse. I almost rate Tarantino against his other works rather than all of the films I see in general, but with this one I struggled to say I would suggest it to everyone. Just be prepared to want to look away from the screen more than a few times.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361748/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật