Whale Rider (2002)

One of my movie projects has been to watch movies that were once on the imdb top 250 and have since fallen off. If any readers are aware of how this list works, it highly favors new releases due in part to how votes count in the formual and due in part to initial viewers tending to be people who would favor the movie (e.g. someone willing to go to the theater or rent a film will tend to like a movie more than someone who waits to watch it for free through borrowing or television viewing)

So this is a film that upon initial release was highly favored but has since dropped. I remember this coming out and did not know anything about it, honestly I though it was a kids [family] movie.

The story starts out emotionally as a mother gives birth to twins but the second one does not make it and complications take her life as well. The twins were a boy and a girl with the girl being the survivor. We learn that this is a family with the bloodline of the Maori tribe in New Zealand and that the boy would have been the next ruler of the tribe.

We flash forward to her childhood and the story centers around her relationship with her grandfather who can't seem to cope with the loss of his grandson. It is an emotional story and not one I would suggest for small children. It was a bit boring and predictable for me, I don't know what I wanted out of the movie but I left it only getting emotional from the opening scenes.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298228/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật