The Lion in Winter (1968)

I like to think that I am not an argumentative person, and I strongly dislike watching movies about people just arguing. If you are a fan of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, a film where Elizabeth Taylor and her husband argue the entire time then you might like this film.

This movie captures a Christmas family get together for the family of Henry II (played by Peter O'Toole, little did I know he also played Henry II in Becket). The queen "Eleanor of Aquitaine" is played by Katharine Hepburn, and the sons are played by Timothy Dalton, Anthony Hopkins, and John Castle.

This film is a game of chess between the King, the Queen, and his sons and they are all trying to take control of the empire. You get the feeling like every family get together is kind of like this one for the family, and it is a completely different take on a historical film.

Interesting, but not my cup of tea, arguing throughout a film makes me uncomfortable.

Vote: 5/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063227/
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. I watched this soon after it came out...and could not figure out why some raved about it...a good film to make you go do something else with your time!

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật