My Neighbor Totoro (1988)

This is now the 4th film by Hayao Miyazaki that I have seen. The other three being Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi [Spirited Away], Hauru no ugoku shiro [Howl's Moving Castle], and Mononoke-hime [Princess Mononoke]. This is the oldest of the four and I plan on watching Gake no ue no Ponyo [Ponyo] later this month.

To me this was my least favorite of the four. Before working on feature films Miyazaki did Anime series [TV Series] and I find them to be very annoying. The wide mouth shreaking of kids gives me a headache and reminds me I am just watching a cartoon. Much like listening to a band's first album before they get signed to a major record label I felt that Miyazaki had yet to come into his own unique style.

I highly suggest the three earlier mentioned films and I expect a lot from Ponyo, but this film was short and really just suited for kids. Not a bad thing but not a great film. I am now nervous about watching Tenkû no shiro Rapyuta [Castle in the Sky], the film he release just before this one, I expect it to be another youth themed film.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096283/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật