Badlands (1973)

As my appreciation for artist film grows, my like of director Terrence Malick increases as well. Having watched Days of Heaven recently, I was looking forward to another one of his films. This film starring Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek is about a young man and his teenage girlfriend who go on a killing spree in North Dakota.

Sheen plays Kit, a twenty-something with little to no aspirations, who falls in love with a teenage girl. Spacek plays Holly, a plain girl, who is flattered that a twenty something would find her attractive. Holly thinks Kit is like James Dean and when her father breaks them up he loses it.

Living in the woods, breaking into people's homes, and running from the law, this is a pretty interesting film. Not for everyone, and it has its Malick slowness that you might not be used to. I liked it, but I didn't love it. A strong 7/10 but I just couldn't give it an 8.

Vote: 7/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069762/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive