The Band's Visit: Bikur Ha-Tizmoret (2007)

I actually remember seeing a trailer at the movie theater for this film when I went to see There Will Be Blood at The Magnolia. I remember thinking... that looks awful, I hope no one puts it in there Top 10. So thanks a lot Roger Ebert, he put this in his Top 20.. so I don't have to watch it, but it definitely made me wonder if it had any redeeming qualities.

The premise of the film is that an Egyptian Police Band is scheduled to perform at a ceremony of an Arts Center opening in an small town in Israel. When one of the members has the name misspelled, they end up in the wrong town with no available transportation until the following day. A local shop owner, a 30-something single woman, takes them in for the night and finds friends to shelter the bad over night. The entire film is based on the different band members as they interact with the different locals.

Dull, slow, and quite uneventful. This international "slice-of-life" film was not my cup of tea and I could have done without it. I definitely wouldn't suggest it. Although better than what I expected, it wasn't far off.

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032856/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive