Megamind (2010)

This was the biggest animated film of the year to not get any recognition from the Oscars or Globes. I actually got it confused for a while with Despicable Me, because it stars the villain. The background story was more entertaining for me on this one, but the overall film was much better in Despicable Me, largely due to the lead character's voice work.

With Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey, Ben Stiller, and Jonah Hill this is quite the cast. Problem for me sometimes is that the voice identifies the star more than the character and I can't "believe" that is how this character should sound. Ferrell was just annoying to me at times. The other big problem for me is that this was a kids movie. The other nominees were all animated film that appealed to all audiences. To me this was just for kids, with little to no adult humor. I found the jokes childish, but then again that is what I expect from Ferrell, and how I picture him most of the time.

It got a 3/5 on the KSF. Honestly I don't remember much that wouldn't be appropriate for little ones, but there is a lot of violence and people "die." Maybe you don't care about this with your children, but it bumped it from the tame 2/5 to a 3/5 which is still pretty low. Not a great or memorable animated film.

KSF: 3/5
Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1001526/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive