Kes (1969)

I've had a lot of luck finding American cinema at the library, but British cinema is another story. It hasn't been widely purchased in my system, which is understandable. So when I found the opportunity to check this one out I jumped at it. Much like "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" you are going to want subtitles for the "working class" British slang from the 60's. "Channel 4," a popular British television, made their top 100 and had this one in the top 20 so I thought it would be worth checking out.

The story is about a boy, not the best student in school, with a big brother who picks on him. He finds a falcon and checks out a book from the library to learn how to train it. It is a simple story that I found incredibly hard to understand (the dialogue).

I don't understand how this film can be on a "top" anything list. It was just ok, simple, boring, not really bad, but nothing memorable. It must have had some nostalgic value to the creator of the list, that is all I can assume.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064541/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive