The Last Airbender (2010)

This is a first for me. I watched this movie back in early November and forgot to blog about it. After spotting it on imdb and seeing that I had not voted for it, I couldn't find it in my blog and traced it back in my log files for when I watched it. Hopefully this doesn't happen frequently, but isn't a surprise since I'm usually a couple week behind on reviews lately.

The fact that I completely forgot about this one might tell you just how much I liked it. The film won the Razzie Award last year, for those that don't know what that is, it is the award for the worst movie of the year. Not only did it win the Razzie for the worst film of the year, it also won for worst director, screenplay, and supporting actor: Jackson Rathbone. It was nominated for worst couple, actress, and two others. I've never seen a film garnish so many razzie nominations and wins. So you can see how much this one was disliked.

 I guess I still haven't commented as to what I thought. It reminded me of something a preteen would watch on cable television in the middle of the day. The acting was horrible, and you have to blame the director when it is EVERYONE. Dev Patel, the bad kid, was so bad it was impossible to remember that this was the same kid from Slumdog Millionaire. The other bad guy was played by Aasif Mandvi, previously of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, who came on the show weekly with political commentary filled with over the top sarcasm. Seeing him play a bad guy was impossible for me. He seemed to be constantly sarcastic, and I wondered, is he making fun of bad guys?

The lack of a substantial plot was overshadowed by the ridiculous martial arts build ups to the simplest tasks. Moving a small ball requires the same amount of effort as moving the ocean? It made no sense, and was painful at times. I am reviewing this four months late, and I can't remember what redeeming factors there were, sorry. Just don't watch this one. 

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/
(Move to November 10th, 2010 after 1 month)
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive