We Own The Night (2007)

I overlooked this film for a long time. Maybe because I only knew it was a Joaquin Phoenix movie, and through it was about some night club. It is actually a Crime Drama about the Russian mafia in New York with Eva Mendes, Mark Wahlberg, and Robert Duvall making a pretty strong cast.

Phoenix plays Bobby, a night club owner who has kept his family a secret from his business partners and friends. His brother and father are both on the police force, and through a series of events Bobby is forced to take sides after sitting on the fence.

The movie was ok, and just ok. Maybe I would have liked it a little better if I would have watched it when it came out. I just didn't really get into it. Wahlberg didn't really have a lot of screen time and I was bored with the Phoenix/Mendes scenes. They just seemed to unrealistic of a couple for me, and the plot was fairly predictable. I will give it that the action scene with the cars in the rain was pretty cool, and the sting operations not going exactly to plan made the film a little different. Just ok for me.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498399/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật

Blog Archive