Chungking Express: Chung Hing sam lam (1994)

I don't have a lot of followers on this blog, so when a reader wants to discuss a movie I do my best to watch it. This one is very Korean to me. What does that mean? Korean cinema seems to do their best to copycat Hollywood. If you watch a Russian film or a French film... you know it is French. Even today when a British movie comes out they just have different styling than American cinema, and I'm talking about more than the accent. But it always seems like they are just trying to redo our stuff.

This one is no different. With jumpy action scenes, that are worthless to the overall plot. And a Korean remix of an American pop song by the Cranberries. Think is I just wasn't that disappointed or happy about this film. It was just kinda... ok... that's it? Nothing special, but the story came across. I of course didn't realize this was two completely disjointed stories until there was about 10 minutes left... stupid me. I just kept wondering what happened to the characters from the first 30 minutes.

Average at best, didn't strike any emotion either way for me.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109424/
Share:

2 nhận xét:

  1. yeah i didn't get it either. strange movie...don't understand the ratings. not that i like rotten tomatoes binary scale rating system anyway, but it got a 96/93 in critics/users reviews. very strange. it's chinese, by the way (or from hong kong, at least)

    Trả lờiXóa
  2. Oh yes, thank you. I said Korean but meant Hong Kong. Was thinking of "Love is a Many Splendored Thing," a Hong Kong romance that I highly recommend avoiding.

    Thanks for the correction.

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật