Tremors (1990)

Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward star in a film with such cheesy acting I thought it was a comedy when I saw a portion on tv many years ago. Bacon is really amusing as a desert bum working job to job.

The movie actually has some good exciting moments where these creatures start pulling people underground. The movie poster was a huge mistake though. The film almost resembles Jaws in that you don't see just how big these things are until some carnage has taken place and you are a good 40 minutes into the movie. Showing the big monster to the audience when they are walking in the theater takes something away from how scary they could have been.

Reba McEntire turned in a B grade performance with the rest of the townspeople. The pole vaulting scene was just silly, but overall for a horror movie this wasn't that bad. Not one I would suggest, but not bad for a 20 year old horror flick.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100814/
Share:

1 nhận xét:

  1. Funny I thought the poster misled people from the actual movie seeing how the graboids look nothing like the poster. It’s a bummer that you didn’t enjoy the movie more, but looking at it as a horror movie will cause that seeing how it is more comedy then horror, even the scary scenes are cut short because of a comedic one liner being put in. See you even had it right at the top of the review thinking it was a comedy. I think you would have enjoyed it a lot more if you would have kept that thought of it being a comedy, but you never know I could be wrong. I ran across Tremors on the Cinemax page on DISH online this weekend, and it had been a number of years since I saw it, so I watched it again, and it was as funny and as cheesy as I remember it being, but I would recommend it to anyone that wanted to have a good laugh, and plus with allt he movies I have talked to this self proclaimed movie nerd that I work with at DISH, Tremors is the only one that we have ever agreed upon without any backtalk.

    Trả lờiXóa

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật