Dracula (1931)

I have to say that I really expected more from the original Dracula film. Truth is it doesn't hold a candle to The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari or Nosferatu. The lack of sound effects or any type of sound track made the suspense fall flat and started to put me to sleep several times.

The other two I just mentioned were older, and very suspenseful... and silent! Dwight Frye as Renfield was by far a shining star in this film. His performance probably wouldn't have shown as well if the rest of the cast were better. He was animated, entertaining, and the only reason I didn't sleep.

Overall I have to give the original Dracula at least an average rating, but I wasn't impressed at all.

Vote: 6/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0021814/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật