The White Ribbon: Das weisse Band (2009)

By far the most overrated film of the year. Built up to be a glimpse of pre-WWI Germany, I thought this film was going to be deep and give me some insight into the generation of Germans that took us into two World Wars. Instead it was just a story about a small town village with strange mysteries.

The problem with this film is that the director or author, I'm not sure which. Took all of this on hearsay from many many years ago. These events for the most part are exaggerated, assumed, and assumptions. Not the kind of resource I want for teaching me a little about history.

The film can off as dry, slow, and ready to break out at any moment. I felt myself saying, "Any minute now it is going to get good," but it doesn't. The black-and-white do nothing to help the movie because the director never uses the lighting for visual tricks, or anything to justify it other than, this is from a time long, long ago.

Very disappointed in this one. Very happy the Oscars did not give it the win, once again they got it right on the Foreign film winner with "A Secret In Their Eyes." And once again the Golden Globe winner in this category sucked.

Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1149362/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật