Gosford Park (2001)

I'll just get straight to the point on this one. I don't like films like this, and I didn't really want to watch it. I'd really rather skip even reviewing it, but I'm sure I'll want to look back some day and see why I disliked it so much.

The truth is, it really wasn't all that bad. It reminded me a lot of The Rules of the Game, the 1939 Jean Renoir film, that I really didn't like. This is a film on many people top films of all time list, so if you liked it, you might like this. The cast is fairly loaded with notables Ryan Phillippe, Clive Owen, Helen Mirren, and Maggie Smith. Mirren and Smith were nominated for Oscars for their performances, and the film was nominated for a total of 7.

It is very long, and somewhat slow, but it wasn't dull at any point. I could have done without seeing it, but it does round out a group of best picture winners from the year for me. Maybe 4/10 is kinda harsh, but I'm not going to change it.

Vote: 4/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280707/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật