My Oscar Pics

Last year I only missed two!! Not sure if this year will be as good since there are a lot of close races. Here are my pics right before things get started.

Best:
Pic: The King's Speech
Director: Social Network
Foreign: Incendies [Mer: Biutiful]
Doc: Inside Job
Actor: Colin Firth (King's Speech)
Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan) [Mer: Annette Bening]
Supp Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Supp Actress: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Best Song: Toy Story 3 [Mer: 127 Hours]
Cinematography: True Grit
Art: King's Speech
Costume: Alice In Wonderland
Visual Effects: Inception
Animated: Toy Story 3
O. Screenplay: The King's Speech
A. Screenplay: Social Network
F.Editing: Social Network
S.Editing: Inception
S.Mixing: Inception
Score: Social Network
Makeup: The Wolfman
DocShort: Killing in the Name [Mer: Strangers No More]
AniShort: Madagascar [Mer: Day & Night]
LiveShort: The Confession [Mer: Na Wewe]

We'll see...

[Monday Morning]
Didn't go as well as last year, when I got all the short and foreign film. This year I got score and song, the only two I missed last year. But I missed a number of others.


The King's Speech won 4 Oscars, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, and Best Original Screenplay. Meredith and I got the same three right, going out on a limb guessing David Fincher would get the Best Director instead.

Inception won 4 Oscars as well, We both guessed 3/4 right here also. Sound editing, Sound mixing, and Visual Effects. Cinematography was True Grit's only real shot at an Oscar this year, and Inception took that one also.

The Social Network won 3, Meredith and I guessed all of these right, Adapted Screenplay, Film Editing, and Score. I was most excited all night about Reznor's win for Score since the Academy usually goes Classical.

The Fighter won 2, we both agreed on these. Alice in Wonderland won 2, probably the biggest upset in my eyes winning art direction over The King's Speech, I fully expected the Costume Design win. Toy Story 3 won two, Best Animated Feature was a lock, but song was not. It is hard to tell what will happen in that category, and Mer guessed 127 Hours song.

In a Better World won Foreign, the first time in a while that the Globes and Oscars agreed in this category. Which is why I picked Incendies and Mer picked Biutiful. Inside Job won Best Documentary, after watching it this weekend... it was definitely the best. The Wolfman won Best Makeup, a category that should be called "Most Makeup," we both got this right. Black Swan won Best Actress, Mer went on a limb with Anette Bening.

I was 0/3 on shorts, Mer was 1/3 getting the Documentary Short. My favorite The Lost Thing won, I was excited that my favorite won, but I guessed it wrong. God of Love won Live Action, which I felt was an awful choice. Wish 143 was my favorite, I guessed The Confession, and Mer guessed Na Wewe [the favorite in the race]. They should can the Documentary Short category if they won't make these available to the public, either through itunes, video on demand, or dvd. You would think that a category about sending messages would be more apt to sharing their work. Killing in the Name was the favorite in the race, and my pick. Strangers No More was the winner and Meredith picked this one right.

I was 17/24, Mer was 16/24. Not too bad. We have also seen 9 of the 10 winners, and 2 of the 3 short winners!
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật