Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988)

Directed by Pedro Almodóvar, the famous Spanish director, known for All About My Mother, Talk to Her, Volver, and Broken Embraces. Since this is my 5th film of his to see, and with mixed emotions about the four I just listed, I expected this to be below average. The title alone scares me, and Spanish comedy is not my thing. With only two films left to finish the Yahoo 100 Movies to See Before You Die, I had The Apu Trilogy and this one. With the 6 hour trilogy over, I felt getting through this one as fast as possible was a great goal. At only 90 minutes it was like pulling off a band-aid.

The film stars Carmen Maura and a young Antonio Banderas. The plot is frustratingly bad, and the acting is worse. I felt like I was watching a bad soap opera on Univision, and struggled to get it over with. Amazingly this film was nominated for an Oscar in 1989 and lost to Pelle the Conqueror [a film I've never heard of].

It was rough, but hey, I finished a movie list by watching it, yay!



Vote: 3/10

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095675/
Share:

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

Rip blogspot

Nổi Bật